The Correct Sitting Posture in the Ergonomic Chair
1. The correct seat cushion height must be adjusted so that your feet can lie flat on the ground, and the bending angle of your thighs is 90°.
2. The correct seat cushion depth must be adjusted so that you can place your hips on the innermost part of the seat cushion, and adjust the depth of the seat cushion appropriately so that the seat cushion can effectively support more than 2/3 of the area of the thigh. The bending angle between the thigh and the calf is 90°.
3. The correct height of the armrest should be adjusted to make the angle between the arm and the elbow 90°. At this time, the arm hangs down naturally, and we feel comfortable without any feeling of hanging shoulders. Long-term unsupported or poorly supported arms can cause shoulder pain or frozen shoulder, which significantly impacts health.
4. The back cushion with a correct angle should enable the entire back to attach to it completely. The back spine can be relaxed to a certain extent, and the fatigue of the back spine can be effectively relieved, and chest and back pain can be reduced and prevented.
5. The correct waist height should be adjusted to the third, fourth, and fifth lumbar spine because when the human body is in a sitting position, except for the legs and hips, the entire person's weight is borne by the lumbar spine. Therefore, the correct adjustment of the waist height helps prevent tendonitis or fasciitis, intervertebral disc herniation, spine sliding, lumbar muscle sprain, degenerative spondylitis, sciatica, etc.
6. When we adjust the seat cushion depth, the seat cushion needs to slide out, relying on the strength of the hips. At this time, the back needs to rely on a fixed back cushion to force the hips. If the back cushion is not in the locked state, the back doesn't have the strength to rely on, making the hips unable to exert force, and the seat cushion does not slide smoothly.
7. The armrest pad with a correct angle on the ergonomic chair should be able to provide moderate support to your hand or elbow joint anytime and anywhere. Long-term lack of proper authorization on the hand or elbow joint can easily cause carpal tunnel syndrome and elbow joint syndrome. Of course, it is related to the protection of the cervical spine.
8. The correct height of the headrest should be adjusted to the third to the seventh section of the cervical spine so that the cervical spine can be adequately supported, which effectively relieves the fatigue of the cervical spine and prevents bone spurs or chronic spine degeneration.
9. The correct adjustment of the lean back elasticity of the back cushion should be based on the weight after the back is relaxed to adjust the lean back elasticity properly. If the elasticity is greater than the weight of the back, it will cause that it is challenging to recline, which will cause discomfort. If the elasticity is less than the weight of the back, it will produce a feeling of insufficient support or a sense of insecurity because of inadvertently rapid backward leaning.